Pages

Total Pageviews

Wednesday 17 October 2012

On lending support and encouragement


At last, the day that every first time author looks to with eager anticipation is fast approaching. The publishers telephoned me today and said that my printed books are ready and will be shipped tomorrow. I will actually have the printed, bound book in my hands by the middle of next week, in plenty of time for the scheduled launch on Saturday 3rd November.
In regard to my post yesterday, I have found another reviewer happy to read Mine to Avenge and prepare a testimonial for me. I am very thankful for the many wonderful connections I’m making through the world of social media. I’ve learned that making friends this way is a little different to making friends when you meet people in person, but in some ways it’s the same.
As in real life, many people cross your path on Facebook, Twitter, etc, but most of these will remain casual ‘now-and-again’ acquaintances. However, every now and again someone different comes along - someone who is happy to pause a while on their own path and take the time time to get to know someone else, and lend some help, support and encouragement in the process - the gems who have something extra special in terms of going the extra mile. All I can say is a hearty ‘Thank you.’


2 comments:

  1. I saw your thread with Kathy about the difficulty of getting reviews. Would you like to exchange books with me and exchange reviews? My email is katztales AT lepak.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for your kind offer. I will email you about it shortly.

    ReplyDelete