Pages

Total Pageviews

Saturday 28 July 2012

Which cover did I finally choose?


For those who voted for their favourite cover for Mine to Avenge a few weeks ago, I have finally made a decision and opted for the black one below. It was a difficult decision to make as public opinion was evenly divided and I ended up being quite confused about it, but I have been quite happy with my decision since making it and haven’t had any second thoughts.
The publishers were extremely efficient in preparing the proofs. I submitted the manuscript on Sunday 22nd and had it returned yesterday. Hopefully the release isn’t too far off now.
Today I had an open house celebration here at home to say goodbye to friends and family. The move to a new job, new home and new town is only a few days away now - my things are nearly all packed and ready to go, and the flat is now very bare and quiet. I’ve planned for the next two days to be as relaxed as possible with very little to do. Maybe I’ll start reading through the proofs…
The week was soured a little by a minor car accident on Monday when I was driving to visit my mother for the final time for quite a while. When I move house next week, she will be 7 - 8 hours away rather than the 1 hour and 45 minutes she is now. Another driver ran a red light when I was only 15 minutes from home and hit my car on the passenger side doors, so that I am now unable to open them. With all the preparation to move house, attending to this needs to wait until I have made the move, but I have been told that the repairs will probably cost more than the car is worth, so ultimately I will be up for a new car in the very near future. Insurance will give me a small payout but not enough to meet the total cost of a new car. Fortunately the car is still driveable and it should be able to do the 5-6 hour trip I have on Tuesday.










2 comments:

  1. The cover is beautiful! I like it very much. Sounds like you're very busy with your move--always a lot of work, aren't they?--and I'm glad your car accident was minor and didn't leave you injured. Good luck with your move! I hope it goes smoothly from here on out! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Liesel. I'm glad you like the cover. I just arrived in my new town a few hours ago. Tucked up in a comfy motel bed at the moment - moving in tomorrow. Start work next Monday. Exciting times!

    ReplyDelete